|Posted by email@example.com on June 2, 2012 at 9:15 PM|
Diabetic socks are a very important accessory too many diabetics go without. It seems that most people don't even understand what diabetic socks are, let alone why they should wear them. Below are five big reasons diabetic socks are a necessity for those suffering with diabetes. Check them out, you might just learn something!
1. Better Circulation - Diabetic socks are specifically made to reduce poor circulation caused by swelling in feet and legs by featuring a looser fitting leg. This keeps diabetic socks from cutting into swollen legs and feet the way that typical crew socks will. This is important for diabetics because it helps to improve the healing time of any foot injuries.
2. Prevent Blisters - There are many ways for diabetic socks to prevent blisters. Most diabetic socks are made from anti-static materials which will help reduce the chance of blisters forming while they are being worn. Blisters can be a pain for diabetics, especially those who also suffer from neuropathy, because with neuropathy bad blisters can form before the sufferer is even aware there is a problem. Poor circulation will cause these blisters to take longer than normal to heal.
3. Relieve Foot Pressure - Diabetic socks are thicker on the sole than typical socks, helping to relieve pressure and foot aches and pain. Not too important, but this can make life as a diabetic much more comfortable.
4. Reduced Risk of Infection - Diabetic socks commonly feature antimicrobial properties. This means that the socks do not support bacteria growth, which is a very good quality for those suffering from diabetes. Diabetes can mean poor circulation which means longer healing time. Longer healing time means longer for an infection to form. The fact that diabetic socks do not support bacterias means a reduced risk of infection.
5. Keep Feet Dry - Most diabetic socks are moisture-wicking to help keep feet dry. This helps with many of the things listed above. Dry feet have better circulation, are less likely to get blisters, and less likely to have an infection.
Choosing to wear diabetic socks is a small decision that can help prevent the risk of foot pain and infection, or in more severe cases, amputation. Living with diabetes is about making small healthful adjustments to an otherwise normal life and wearing diabetic socks is one of those minor, yet important changes to make.
Check out diabetic socks that feature all of the qualities above available in our Ecosox store by clicking here.
If you have any questions or comments, please comment below! All questions will receive a timely response!